|Type||Soul Reaper Technique|
|Used By||Soul Reapers|
Zanjutsu (meaning "Cutting Techniques") is the most used form of combat among Soul Reapers and Substitute Soul Reapers. it's the fighting style for the Zanpakutō, (i.e. sword fighting). Its shameful for a Soul Reaper not to master at least this technique.
- Hitotsume: Nadegiri (meaning "The First: Killing Stroke"): This basic technique allows for a precision cut of extreme force and speed, it can casually slice through large, multi-story high opponents protected by steel skin. The opponent can be killed with one swift slash so precise, that they aren't even aware of until after it has taken place.
- Agitowari (meaning "chin/jaw splitting"): a sword technique where a single sword attack cuts an opponent in half from the jaw down the length of the body until the target is bi-sectioned.
- Suikawari (meaning "Watermelon Splitting"): a technique where Hiyori comes down with her sword upon the head of a hollow with enough sport to cleanly cut down through the head and mask with ease.
- Senmaioroshi (meaning "Thousand-Page Wholesale"): a technique where multiple blade movements take place so fast that they can literally shred a target into pieces.
Kendō (meaning "Way of The Sword") is a modern Japanese martial art of sword-fighting based on traditional samurai swordsmanship.
- Ryōdan (meaning "Bisection"): a two-handed sword technique that has the practitioner bring the sword down with enough force that it can cut an opponent in half right down the middle.